I get these weekly emails from our Air Force commander. This past week’s was good advice.
Your #1 goal, above all else, is to survive the next 24 hours. Every day.
- That means with all your body parts still intact.
- That means with all of them functioning properly.
- AND that means with you feeling healthy and happy.
Your #2 goal is to help the people around you survive the next 24 hours.
- If you’re a “Good Person” on the “Good/Bad Scale,” this is almost as high as #1 above.
- Remember, they aren’t as intelligent, lucky, or in tune with the cosmos as you are – they may need extra help.
- This especially counts when they are being especially stupid or scatterbrained. You know what I’m talking about.
Feel free to put Goal #2 ahead of Goal #1 on occasion. It’s called “Selflessness”.
- It’s a tough world out there.once in a while, you’ll hope someone else obeys Goals #2 and #3 on your behalf.