Eric completed his 4 day course on Introduction to FIRST Lego League. It was a well run program. There were 24 kids aged 9-13, two adult instructors and 6 teenage ‘mentors’ (black shirts front row) who were experienced with Lego robotics.
They used the standard LEGO league mission board which was about as large as a standard pool table and tried to accomplish 3 of the mission elements.
Sample missions are shown in the checklist.
For the final presentation each team member played a role: explaining the robot, describing a FLL Core Value, or describing their robot’s mission. FLL Core Values include
- We are Team
- We do the work to find solutions with guidance from our coaches and mentors.
- We honor the spirit of friendly competition.
- What we discover is more important than what we win.
- We share our experiences with others.
- We display Gracious Professionalism in everything we do.
- We have fun.
Eric’s team managed to get their robot to perform 5 tasks.