Turns out there is a game of Blog-Tag going around the blogosphere in which bloggers are sharing five things about themselves that relatively few people know, and then tagging five other bloggers to be “it.” The idea of blog-tagging is, to ask 5 bloggers to tell 5 things that most people wouldn’t know. Like a kick starting a group with a group dynamics exercise where nobody knows each other. In some cases the blog tag is structured and you are asked 4 things: 4 Jobs I have had, 4 Movies I can watch over and over, 4 TV shows I watch, 4 places I have been on vacation. Famous blogger Mark Cuban refused and equated it to a mindless activity like “doing the wave”. I equate it to receiving a chain letter. I read a number of the blog tag entries and found everything from closet vegans to appearance in movies and childhood bed-wetting. About 30% of the tagged declined to participate. Having said all that and being blog tagged by my friend Alex – five things most people do not know about me:
- 1. I learned to ride horseback when I was 6 years old.
- 2. I learned to ride a bicycle as an adult.
- 3. My 1st computer was batch programming on a Burroughs 3500.
- 4. My 1st computer related job was building a geospatial data base, including digitizing soils data with the digitizer outputting to an IBM 029 keypunch machine.
- 5. I have raised and competitively showed American Quarter Horses and Californian Rabbits.